Why study computer science at Missouri State?
- Computer science professionals are highly sought after and work in a wide variety of career fields. You can expect 100 percent job placement after graduating from the computer science program.
- Small class sizes allow you to establish a one-on-one relationship with your professors and to further explore your future professional goals.
- You will receive a math minor automatically upon completion of the computer science program.
- Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org. the computer science program at Missouri State strives to be on the front edge of technology and offers you an education of up and coming technology trends.
- There are only four computer science programs in Missouri and 204 computer science programs in the nation that are accredited. Programs with this prestigious accreditation are regularly reviewed by the accreditation board.
Learn the most used, professional programs on the market
Courses in Python and C++, the most widely used software technology in the market, are taught in the department. Collaborations with the biology and art departments also offer you enhanced, hands-on learning and the ability to look into specialty areas of computer science.
This major is for someone who is looking for a challenging, yet rewarding major. To ensure your success in the technical and problem solving areas of this field, adequate math and science skills are recommended.
Missouri State is among a handful of prestigious computer science programs in the state to reach accreditation. Visit ABET or email email@example.com for more information on accreditation requirements for computer science programs.